ROCHELLE, Ill. (WTVO) — Police have identified 37-year-old Devin Bailey, of Oregon, as the man shot dead in Rochelle on Thursday. Cody Neuschwanger, 24, and two teens from Polo have been arrested in connection with his murder.
According to Rochelle Police, officers were called to the 1100 block of 1st Avenue around 9:11 p.m. for a shooting victim, who was found suffering from a gunshot wound. Police say he was taken to the Rochelle Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Neuschwanger was arrested and charged with First Degree Murder and Mob Action.
Two 17-year-old juveniles from Polo were charged with Mob Action.
Police say Neuschwanger was taken to the Ogle County Jail and the 17-year-olds were released to their parents.
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- 10-year-old Louisiana boy sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency