ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rock Valley Credit union is partnering with Miss Carly’s to collect socks for the homeless this winter.
Socks are in high demand during the cold months, officials said, but they’re one of the least donated items.
Miss Carly’s says some people have had to have their toes amputated because of last year’s frigid temperatures.
Lori Perkins, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Rock Valley Credit Union, says after learning how much just a pair of socks can help someone, it has inspired her to get a collection going.
“They say that if your feet are warm, it really helps keep your whole body is warm. They’re walking a lot. They’re out in the elements and socks are probably he best thing that can help keep them warm,” she said.
The collection runs through December 13th.
Donations can be made at either Rock Valley Credit Union location, at 1201 Clifford Avenue or 11280 Forest Hills Road.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020