ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Chicago Rockford International Airport will be the recipient in $5.8 million in federal funding, according to an announcement Wednesday.
The funding comes from the U.S. Department of Transportation and will be used for the construction of a larger cargo apron to meet growing demand.
Amazon and UPS are two of the shipping agencies which use the airport.
- Hononegah, Auburn Boys finish top-five at Regionals
- Guilford’s Gasmund comes from behind, captures Regional victory
- Residents react to massive fire at abandoned factory in Rockford
- Rockford mayor says bars and restaurants will be given 50% rebate of liquor license fees
- Local expert shares how to keep kids safe from predators online