ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A nationwide non-profit has released its safety grades for local hospitals.
The Leapfrog Group released its bi-annual report on Thursday.
OSF St. Anthony Hospital in Rockford, FHN Memorial in Freeport, and KSB in Dixon received B grades.
SwedishAmerican, Mercyhealth and Beloit Memorial received C’s.
Leapfrog says grades are determined by dozens of factors, including hygiene, ICU staffing, bedsores, and falls.
As a state, Illinois ranks 11th in the United States, which is an improvement from the Spring, when it ranked 14th.
- 20-year-old male transported to hospital after being shot Tuesday night
- Locally Dense Fog Developing Tuesday Evening
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town