ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford residents showed city pride on Rockford 815 Day by wearing festive shirts designed by Rockford Art Deli.
People lined up outside the t-shirt company, at 402 E State Street, to get the branded 815 logo printed on them, for $8.15.
Art Deli owner Jarrod Harris said he believes the day helps boost the local economy.
“I think our biggest thing, that we take away from it, is seeing all the other businesses that are succeeding from this day, and the pride throughout the city that everyone’s on board, like pro-Rockford, supporting the area code. It’s an area code that’s awesome,” he said.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’