ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford residents showed city pride on Rockford 815 Day by wearing festive shirts designed by Rockford Art Deli.
People lined up outside the t-shirt company, at 402 E State Street, to get the branded 815 logo printed on them, for $8.15.
Art Deli owner Jarrod Harris said he believes the day helps boost the local economy.
“I think our biggest thing, that we take away from it, is seeing all the other businesses that are succeeding from this day, and the pride throughout the city that everyone’s on board, like pro-Rockford, supporting the area code. It’s an area code that’s awesome,” he said.
- Controversial abortion bill may soon get redo in Congress
- Police link drug gang to migrant smuggling
- Yes, Popeyes’ chicken sandwich is better than Chick-Fil-A’s and here’s why
- Man impersonating officer pulls over van full of cops
- Hononegah ready to take a shot at a three-peat