ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford residents showed city pride on Rockford 815 Day by wearing festive shirts designed by Rockford Art Deli.
People lined up outside the t-shirt company, at 402 E State Street, to get the branded 815 logo printed on them, for $8.15.
Art Deli owner Jarrod Harris said he believes the day helps boost the local economy.
“I think our biggest thing, that we take away from it, is seeing all the other businesses that are succeeding from this day, and the pride throughout the city that everyone’s on board, like pro-Rockford, supporting the area code. It’s an area code that’s awesome,” he said.
- Rockford mayor reacts to airport jobs, building updates
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field