ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say an attempted robbery at an ATM resulted in one of the victims hitting the perpetrator with a baseball bat.
According to police, the crime happened at the US Bank at 1107 E. State Street around 5:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25th.
Police say that one of the victims got out of the car to use an ATM. When she returned to her vehicle, a black male, in his 40’s, tall and thin, with burns on his face, approached her, said he had a gun, and demanded money.
The witness told police that the suspect attempted to pull the woman from the car when the second occupant of the car got out and hit him with a baseball bat. Police say the suspect then struck the second victim in the face and ran away without taking any of their belongings.
Police say the investigation is active and ongoing.
- Local agencies celebrate ‘Police Memorial Week’ at CherryVale Mall
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack
- 19-year-old killed in Freeport shooting, police searching for silver Chrysler