ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Christian High School’s parking lot will look a lot more colorful this upcoming school year. Seniors held a “paint the parking lot” party.
Students bought a parking spot and showcased their creative skills. Flowers and sports were just a few of the designs. Students say it was a fun way to start the school year.
“It’s another opportunity for us to come together. You can park in it, you can park in other spaces, but for school hours we’re the only ones that can park in that spot,” said senior Samantha Como.
Seniors hope that this becomes a tradition and future classes will fill the lot with colorful places to park.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander