ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford is in the running to win a grant to bring a music concert series to the city.
The money would come from the Levitt Foundation.
It tries to bring communities together through music.
The foundation uses votes, and how city leaders will utilize Davis Park to pick a winner.
City leaders say the grant is up to $25,000 that has to be matched locally.
Concerts would be at the park during the summer of 2020.
Organizers say there would also be food trucks and kids activities, and the grant would provide 10 to 12 weeks of music.
“We really thought that it fits what we’re trying to do at Davis Park. To bring back a city owned asset that has been underutilized for a number of years,” said RACVB President and CEO, John Groh. “Under the mayor’s leadership, we’ve been working to bring additional life to the park.”
Voting runs through November 20th, and there’s still 33 cities in the running.
You can vote for Rockford at this link.
- Robinson eclipses 150 yards, scores in Jaguars 27-25 loss to Browns
- Winds increase following cold front Sunday; Wind chills in the teens Monday morning
- Exposed individuals encouraged to pre-register for COVID-19 test
- Avoid being scammed while holiday shopping online with these simple tips
- Health expert shares advice on helping children cope with unusual holiday season