ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Diocese on Friday announced that six priests accused of sexual abuse, two of whom had ties to the Rockford area.
David Heimann worked at St. Peter in Rockford, and has reportedly died.
Aloysius Piorkowski was with St. Peter Church of South Beloit, and he died in 1978.
Four others were assigned to parishes in the Chicago suburbs:
Joseph Jablonski, St. Therese of Jesus Church of Aurora.
Ivan Rovira, St. Joseph Church of Elgin, St. Therese of Jesus Church of Aurora.
Daniel Cipar, Holy Cross Church of Batavia
Leo Petit, St. Joseph Church of Elgin and Sacred Heart Church of Aurora.
In 2004, the Diocese outlined the history of sexual abuse of minors within the diocese and the procedures for reporting and addressing it.
Bishop David Malloy says he encourages anyone who wants to report an allegation to call the police department and then contact the diocese.
Victims of sexual abuse can click here for more help.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland