ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man is facing drug charges after an investigation by the Rockford Police Department’s Narcotics Unit.
According to authorities, detectives received numerous complaints from members of the community regarding a male selling drugs in the area of Jefferson Street and East State Street.
With further investigation police say they were able to identify the suspect as 27-year-old Edmond Lilly.
Lilly was arrested on November 12th after detectives allegedly observed Lilly selling drugs, and forcibly took property from another person, police said.
Authorities said that Lilly attempted to flee the area, but was taken into custody a short time later in the 900 block of Furman Street.
Detectives recovered drugs and the stolen property during the arrest.
Lilly is charged with Delivery of a Controlled Substance (Cocaine), Robbery and Felony Theft.
Lilly was lodged in the Winnebago County Jail.
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands