ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 27-year-old Antwan Manley was sentenced to 214 months in federal prison Monday after he was charged with selling drugs in the area.
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Manley pleaded guilty in November 2019 to possession with intent to distribute heroin, cocaine and marijuana, in addition to possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking offense.
Manley was caught on January 11th, 2018 with a vehicle containing 21 bags of heroin, 24 bags of marijuana, and crack cocaine. A stolen 9mm pistol, nearly $7,000 in case, and four cell phones were also recovered.
Manley was the subject of a sting operation in which he sold drugs to undercover agents in November and December 2017.
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- Early voting begins Thursday in Illinois
- Could polls be wrong? Here’s Trump’s path to winning November’s election
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- Kenosha shooter’s defense portrays him as ‘American patriot’