ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say they recovered 3 guns, 340 rounds of ammunition, and a large amount of edible cannabis when responding to a shooting on N. Rockton Avenue early Wednesday.
According to police, they were called to the 700 block of N. Rockton around 4:30 a.m. for a report of shots fired. Officers found 31-year-old Kristopher Bowden sitting in a vehicle in front of the residence, and found the drugs and guns in his car during a search, police said.
Bowden was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon and Possession of Cannabis with Intent to Deliver.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others