ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO)–A Rockford family is left homeless after their home caught on fire Friday morning at 2212 Latham St.
Fire crews responded to the scene at 2:35 a.m., and brought the blaze under control within twenty minutes. Nobody was injured.
Officials say the flames heavily wrecked the rear of the house and extended to the attic and second floor. Damages are estimated to be $50,000.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Rockford activist group demands video evidence from officer shooting of Tyris Jones
- Rockford teachers request to work from home
- Molina Healthcare hosts drive-thru Thanksgiving giveaway
- Rockford boxer Skylar Thompson ready to get back into the ring