ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — January was a busy month for the Rockford Fire Department. Crews responded to almost 2,500 calls, about 150 calls more than the same period in 2019.
Emergency Medical Services and rescue calls also jumped about 11 percent, more than 200 more calls than last year.
Fire calls dropped 24 percent, as firefighters responded to 8 fewer fires in 2019.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning