ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — January was a busy month for the Rockford Fire Department. Crews responded to almost 2,500 calls, about 150 calls more than the same period in 2019.
Emergency Medical Services and rescue calls also jumped about 11 percent, more than 200 more calls than last year.
Fire calls dropped 24 percent, as firefighters responded to 8 fewer fires in 2019.
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- Indianapolis officer killed while responding to domestic disturbance
- Rock River Valley Blood Center has received an overwhelming amount of donations
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office warns people of scammers
- A Stronger Community: Five Years After the Rochelle/Fairdale Tornado