ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Fire Department was able to raise more money for the Salvation Army that the Rockford Police Department this year, in the yearly “Battle of the Bells.”
The two agencies take part in the friendly rivalry each year to see who can raise the most money.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the competition was held virtually this year.
Firefighters raised over $1,000, while police raised about $500.
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- Minnesota officer, police chief resign days after Black driver’s death
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- North Boone football players enter into quarantine; game off with Stillman Valley