ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An apartment complex was evacuated Monday morning after residents complained of a suspicious odor.
Rockford Fire and HAZMAT teams evacuated residents from the building, located in the 900 block of Haskell Avenue, at 11:38 a.m.
Officials blocked off the street at the Whitman intersection.
Residents said the odor was coming from the third floor, which is occupied by only one tenant.
A woman who lives in the apartment told our reporter the odor caused a burning sensation in her lungs and caused another resident to vomit.
Rockford Fire officials said they conducted an air test and also tested a suspicious substance, but nothing toxic was discovered.
Residents were re-admitted to the complex at 2:13 p.m.
- Man hospitalized 99 days with COVID-19 wakes from coma to learn wife died of virus
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- AP: After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4B in virus aid
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 200 stores