ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Just after 6PM, the Rockford Fire Department responded to the scene of an auto accident on Broaway and Eastmoreland with someone trapped in the car.
Rockford Police advise those to stay away from the area “for a serious 2-vehicle accident.”
Reports say vehicle traveling westbound crossed the center line and collided with a vehicle going eastbound. The driver of the westbound vehicle, a 54-year-old female, was transported to a local hospital and pronounced deceased. The 15-year-old male passenger in the westbound vehicle and the 37-year-old male driver of the eastbound vehicle were both transported with non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities have not released the name of woman killed.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say