ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Just after 6PM, the Rockford Fire Department responded to the scene of an auto accident on Broaway and Eastmoreland with someone trapped in the car.
Rockford Police advise those to stay away from the area “for a serious 2-vehicle accident.”
Reports say vehicle traveling westbound crossed the center line and collided with a vehicle going eastbound. The driver of the westbound vehicle, a 54-year-old female, was transported to a local hospital and pronounced deceased. The 15-year-old male passenger in the westbound vehicle and the 37-year-old male driver of the eastbound vehicle were both transported with non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities have not released the name of woman killed.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80