ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man was able to use a ladder to rescue his wife and three children from the second story of a house fire early Wednesday morning.
Rockford Fire says it responded to a home at 1724 Lyran Avenue around 1 a.m., and firefighters were able to rescue a second, unconscious adult during a search of the home.
Officials say that person was taken to SwedishAmerican Hospital with serious injuries.
The fire was then extinguished.
Investigators were called in to perform an “origin and cause” investigation of the fire, but say the investigation is still on going.
The fire caused damage estimated at $10,000.
- See the United Center floor fill up with non-perishable food for the COVID-19 response
- Coronavirus Illinois: Large summer events may be canceled to stop spread of COVID-19, Pritzker says
- Lowe’s will close stores Easter Sunday to give employees ‘much-deserved day off’
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- Family of Chicago 911 call center employee mourning after he died from COVID-19