ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man was able to use a ladder to rescue his wife and three children from the second story of a house fire early Wednesday morning.
Rockford Fire says it responded to a home at 1724 Lyran Avenue around 1 a.m., and firefighters were able to rescue a second, unconscious adult during a search of the home.
Officials say that person was taken to SwedishAmerican Hospital with serious injuries.
The fire was then extinguished.
Investigators were called in to perform an “origin and cause” investigation of the fire, but say the investigation is still on going.
The fire caused damage estimated at $10,000.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning