ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Marchello Johnson, 29, was sentenced to 12 years in prison on Thursday, for a shooting at Cherryvale Mall which took place in March 2018.
Johnson, Jamaine McFadden, 20, and Tony Craig, 26 were all arrested for the crime.
Police said the incident involved at least five gang members inside the mall, which then spread to outside Barnes & Noble where the shots were fired.
Johnson faced a variety of weapons charges, as well as mob action and criminal damage to property.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher