ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Marchello Johnson, 29, was sentenced to 12 years in prison on Thursday, for a shooting at Cherryvale Mall which took place in March 2018.
Johnson, Jamaine McFadden, 20, and Tony Craig, 26 were all arrested for the crime.
Police said the incident involved at least five gang members inside the mall, which then spread to outside Barnes & Noble where the shots were fired.
Johnson faced a variety of weapons charges, as well as mob action and criminal damage to property.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say