ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Cathy Barsema, who founded Carpenter’s Place 20 years ago, has announced her retirement.
Barsema was the Director of Guest services for the homeless shelter.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Carpenter’s Place was not able to hold an open house for the occasion, but staff were still able to get together to wish her well and give her a nice send-off.
- Rockford police investigate overnight shooting
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night