ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Mercy Health’s Javon Bea Hospital is now certified as a comprehensive stroke center.
The certification gives the hospital the highest level of competence for treatment of patients who have experienced a serious stroke.
The designation means the hospital addresses the full spectrum of stroke care including diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and education.
“We can now remove the clots from people’s brains from the vessels in their brains or in your other arteries that causes the debilitation, and causes the disability and people are walking home literally a day or two after they’ve had a stroke,” Bea said.
The designation is the highest stroke certification level achievable in the health care industry.
OSF also received one in March 2018.
- Spring Temperatures on the Rise as our Climate Continues to Change
- Harlem School Board considers closing elementary school
- Proposed half cent sales tax would be used for mental health services
- Project SEARCH program helps students with disabilities find jobs
- Dunkin’ Donuts’ latest release is quite simply a bag of bacon