ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Mercy Health’s Javon Bea Hospital is now certified as a comprehensive stroke center.
The certification gives the hospital the highest level of competence for treatment of patients who have experienced a serious stroke.
The designation means the hospital addresses the full spectrum of stroke care including diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and education.
“We can now remove the clots from people’s brains from the vessels in their brains or in your other arteries that causes the debilitation, and causes the disability and people are walking home literally a day or two after they’ve had a stroke,” Bea said.
The designation is the highest stroke certification level achievable in the health care industry.
OSF also received one in March 2018.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death