ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Hyundai on Perryville and the Rockford IceHogs held a jersey auction, and all of the proceeds will go towards the Autism program of Easterseals.
Donations are used to reduce waiting lists for services available for those living with Autism, and their families.
Organizers like Mick Peck, Director off Business Operations for the Rockford IceHogs say giving back to the kids is heartwarming.
“We see a lot these families come to IceHogs games and these kids are awesome,” Peck said. “They’re such an inspiration and to see the impact the program has on these families and on these kids to give them resources to live a normal life, it’s just unbelievable.”
Over the last several years more than $125,000 has been raised to help people with Autism.
- Rockford apartment fire sends woman to the hospital
- Ice Hogs go bowling for good cause
- Rockford Firefighters sharpen their life saving skills
- Freeport recognizes ‘Voter Awareness Sunday’
- Chicago squad cars collide, six officers injured