ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Hyundai on Perryville and the Rockford IceHogs held a jersey auction, and all of the proceeds will go towards the Autism program of Easterseals.
Donations are used to reduce waiting lists for services available for those living with Autism, and their families.
Organizers like Mick Peck, Director off Business Operations for the Rockford IceHogs say giving back to the kids is heartwarming.
“We see a lot these families come to IceHogs games and these kids are awesome,” Peck said. “They’re such an inspiration and to see the impact the program has on these families and on these kids to give them resources to live a normal life, it’s just unbelievable.”
Over the last several years more than $125,000 has been raised to help people with Autism.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death