ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Tyler Sikura and Brandon Hagel were part of the World Day of Bullying Prevention Day in Rockford.
It was hosted by the Autism program of Easterseals and the IceHogs.
Resources and information about bullying and cyberbullying were provided.
The players also took photos and signed autographs.
“Some of these kids might look up to us and we’ve definitely been through what they’ve been through, with different situation,” said IceHogs left wing, Brandon Hagel. “So, I mean, if we can just get our word out there and show up at things like this, I mean, a lots of kindness is going to show from us as people, as well as the organization and the community.”
October is anti-bullying month.
- Big Cooldown to Follow Warm Stretch
- House catches fire from nearby fire pit
- Local organization spends Saturday fixing up YMCA
- Stateline bikers raise money for grieving family
- E-Rabs nab victory in District 205 Cup