ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford Police K9 unit tracked down a suspect minutes after he allegedly robbed the Mobil gas station at 1344 E. State Street on Tuesday.
Police say they were alerted to a robbery in progress at the gas station shortly before midnight.
Officers said 24-year-old Bryce Buczynski entered the establishment with a scarf around his face and forced the clerk to go behind the counter. The clerk tried to fight off the suspect, but Buczynski allegedly was able to push the clerk away and take cash from the register.
Police say Buczynski fled northbound on Summit Street, and was later cornered by the K9 in the 1300 block of Revell Avenue.
The money was recovered and Buczynski was arrested and charged with Aggravated Robbery, Robbery and Aggravated Battery.
He was held in the Winnebago County Jail.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Boone County Sheriff’s Department says farewell to fallen K9 Loki