ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford leaders give video gambling operators the chance to add more machines.
City Council members approved a request to raise the number of machines allowed in an establishment from five to six.
It mirrors a new statewide gambling law.
City Council recently okay-ed an increase in license fees from $25 to $250 a year for each machine. It will go into effect in 2020.
According to its agreement with Hard Rock, Rockford can only add about 150 more gaming machines city wide.
- Two Cubs employees test positive for COVID-19
- Illinois Men’s Basketball: This Season’s Top Three Moments
- EF-1 Tornado Reported in Ogle County Saturday Night
- Utah man accused of raping woman saying he was going to ‘fix the gay’
- Local pet center offers free doggy-care for owners who are too sick