ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford leaders give video gambling operators the chance to add more machines.
City Council members approved a request to raise the number of machines allowed in an establishment from five to six.
It mirrors a new statewide gambling law.
City Council recently okay-ed an increase in license fees from $25 to $250 a year for each machine. It will go into effect in 2020.
According to its agreement with Hard Rock, Rockford can only add about 150 more gaming machines city wide.
- “Overtime” GOW: Lena-Winslow roars past Du-Pec in best of NUIC matchup
- Hononegah pushes past Boylan in another NIC-10 rivalry game for the ages
- Belvidere North rolls past Auburn, improve to 5-1 on the season
- Guilford wins in a tight one over Freeport, 21-20
- Oregon Hawks flying high with a win over Stillman Valley