ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford leaders give video gambling operators the chance to add more machines.
City Council members approved a request to raise the number of machines allowed in an establishment from five to six.
It mirrors a new statewide gambling law.
City Council recently okay-ed an increase in license fees from $25 to $250 a year for each machine. It will go into effect in 2020.
According to its agreement with Hard Rock, Rockford can only add about 150 more gaming machines city wide.
- Hononegah comes up short in the state semifinals against Plainfield East
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- The precursor of Father’s Day was inspired by a tragic accident
- Family says social media challenge led to death of 9-year-old Tennessee boy
- Dog earns 6M followers while learning to communicate with humans