ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford leaders give video gambling operators the chance to add more machines.
City Council members approved a request to raise the number of machines allowed in an establishment from five to six.
It mirrors a new statewide gambling law.
City Council recently okay-ed an increase in license fees from $25 to $250 a year for each machine. It will go into effect in 2020.
According to its agreement with Hard Rock, Rockford can only add about 150 more gaming machines city wide.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020