ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford leaders give video gambling operators the chance to add more machines.
City Council members approved a request to raise the number of machines allowed in an establishment from five to six.
It mirrors a new statewide gambling law.
City Council recently okay-ed an increase in license fees from $25 to $250 a year for each machine. It will go into effect in 2020.
According to its agreement with Hard Rock, Rockford can only add about 150 more gaming machines city wide.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’