ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford and Loves Park Police Departments are competing for a grant to maintain their K-9 programs.
Both departments were nominated for the 2019 Aftermath Grant, which has awarded more than $100,000 around the country.
Grant money will be used to fund safety and training equipment and the maintenance of existing K-9 programs.
The grant will be awarded to the winner of the popular vote. Voting ends November 3rd.
- Man found dead in an alleyway in Janesville, police investigate
- Nickelodeon and Netflix confirm multi-year deal
- Meet Narwhal, the puppy found with a tail growing out of his head
- Rockford woman in critical condition, dog feared dead after house fire
- School staff to be charged with manslaughter in death of boy with autism