ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford and Loves Park Police Departments are competing for a grant to maintain their K-9 programs.
Both departments were nominated for the 2019 Aftermath Grant, which has awarded more than $100,000 around the country.
Grant money will be used to fund safety and training equipment and the maintenance of existing K-9 programs.
The grant will be awarded to the winner of the popular vote. Voting ends November 3rd.
- Undocumented migrant injured after falling from 30-foot-tall border barrier
- 3 Wyoming sightseeing balloons crash, as many as 20 injured
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Local leaders stress importance of creating Citizens Oversight Board
- RAVE board approves improvements for Coronado Peforming Arts and BMO Harris Bank centers