ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Seniors at Rockford Lutheran continued an annual tradition of picking out their lockers.
Students “Run for the Lockers” and claim their favorite on a first come-first served basis.
Senior year is the only time that students can choose their own lockers. To do so, students started showing up around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.
“It’s not really a competition,” said Senior Class President Finley Rock. “We’re supposed to be here to pick our lockers and we get to run, and whoever gets their first… but, to me, that’s not what it’s really about. It’s like a good start-off for senior year. It’s a good way to start senior year, like, bonding with your class.”
Rockford Lutheran begins classes on Tuesday, August 20th.
- Rockford scholarship fair pairs students with money for college
- Volunteers wanted to help wrap books as toddler gifts
- Rockford Police: 16-year-old shot in the ankle
- VIDEO: Quick-thinking good Samaritan saves dog after leash is caught in moving elevator
- Winnebago judge sets inmate free on furlough, then he allegedly robbed a store