ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford city leaders announced a change to the Request for Proposals for a potential casino.
It’s meant to clarify what casino groups must reveal under the Freedom of Information Act.
It also lets those groups know what the city needs, if any details must be kept confidential.
Mayor Tom McNamara says no formal proposals have been submitted yet, although two projects have been announced.
Hard Rock International has revealed plans for a casino at the site of the former Clock Tower Resort on E. State Street.
Construction firm Gorman and Company is behind plans to bring a casino and aquarium to downtown Rockford.
The deadline to submit proposals is August 30th.
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere
- Mötley Crüe announces reunion, blows up ‘cessation of touring agreement’ in video