ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford city leaders announced a change to the Request for Proposals for a potential casino.
It’s meant to clarify what casino groups must reveal under the Freedom of Information Act.
It also lets those groups know what the city needs, if any details must be kept confidential.
Mayor Tom McNamara says no formal proposals have been submitted yet, although two projects have been announced.
Hard Rock International has revealed plans for a casino at the site of the former Clock Tower Resort on E. State Street.
Construction firm Gorman and Company is behind plans to bring a casino and aquarium to downtown Rockford.
The deadline to submit proposals is August 30th.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80