ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say Mitchell Wimbush, 23, is still at large, but charged with murder after allegedly selling drugs which resulted in the death of a Rockford man.
At a press conference Friday morning, Winnebago County State’s Attorney Marilyn Hite Ross announced charges against Wimbush of Drug Induced Homicide and Delivery of a Controlled Substance.
He is accused in the fatal overdose death of Phillip John Charles Anderson-Hamilton Jr., 25, who was found in the 1400 block of 12th Avenue on May 5th, 2017.
Wimbush faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
Wimbush has not yet been taken into custody. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at (779) 500-6551 or Crime Stoppers (815) 963-7867.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages