ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 29-year-old Donavin Fluaitt was arrested and charged with starting a house fire that trapped several people inside, including three children, yesterday.
Rockford Fire says it responded to a home at 1724 Lyran Avenue around 1 a.m.
A Rockford man was able to use a ladder to rescue his wife and three children from the second story before firefighters arrived.
The Fire Department was able to rescue a second, unconscious adult during a search of the home.
Officials say that person was taken to SwedishAmerican Hospital with serious injuries.
The fire was then extinguished.
Fluaitt was developed as a suspect by investigators, and was charged with five counts of Aggravated Arson.
He is being held at the Winnebago County Jail.
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Mother, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- Jews For Trump car parade stirs protests, fights in New York
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle