ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Wednesday morning around 1:55 a.m., Rockford police officers responded to a report of a hit and run to a pedestrian near Victory Tap in Rockford (2315 Harrison Avenue).
When officers got to the scene, they found a female victim in a parking lot. She was brought to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police say they found the driver of the vehicle a short time later and took him into custody.
David Lawrence II, 21, is charged with DUI, Leaving the Scene of Accident Involving Injury, and Failure to Give Info/Render Aid.
Lawrence is currently in the Winnebago County Jail.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”