ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say Darian Jones, 19, coordinated with 3 other suspects to loot the E. State Street Target store Sunday night, and was arrested as he was leaving the store.
According to Rockford Police, Jones made plans with the other three people on social media to break into Target and steal items.
Police say one of the people with Jones broke out the store’s window. The responding officer saw Jones leaving from the front of the store and chased him down and took him into custody.
Jones was charged with Resisting a Police Officer and Mob Action.
He faces up to a year in jail, with another 2 years of probation, plus a fine of up to $4,000 for the two charges combined.
Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea said a total of 5 people were arrested at Target, two of whom were juveniles.
- Chicago man killed in Rockford crash
- ⚾ WANTED: MLB Food Tester – Get paid $500 to eat hot dogs and watch baseball🌭
- Woman killed in early Monday crash in Rockford
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin trial enters third week; Matsuyama becomes 1st Japanese Masters winner
- Police fatally shoot man in traffic stop near Minneapolis, protests erupt