ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say Darian Jones, 19, coordinated with 3 other suspects to loot the E. State Street Target store Sunday night, and was arrested as he was leaving the store.
According to Rockford Police, Jones made plans with the other three people on social media to break into Target and steal items.
Police say one of the people with Jones broke out the store’s window. The responding officer saw Jones leaving from the front of the store and chased him down and took him into custody.
Jones was charged with Resisting a Police Officer and Mob Action.
He faces up to a year in jail, with another 2 years of probation, plus a fine of up to $4,000 for the two charges combined.
Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea said a total of 5 people were arrested at Target, two of whom were juveniles.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday