ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 25-year-old Travis Weir was arrested on charges of child abuse after allegedly beating a minor.
Rockford Police say that on Friday, November 22nd, 2019, officers were called to a residence on Leather Court, where they learned a minor victim had received multiple injuries.
Police say Weir was in a domestic relationship with the victim’s mother.
Weir was arrested on Friday, January 17th, 2020 and charged with Aggravated Battery to a Child.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Minnesota police chief, officer both resign after Black driver’s death
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- North Boone football players enter into quarantine; game off with Stillman Valley
- US to leave troops in Afghanistan beyond May, 9/11 new goal