ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On May 4th, 2020, Rockford officers were called to the 1100 block of Benton Street for a shooting.
The victim, 39-year-old Clifton Totton, was rushed to an area hospital by friends where he later passed away from his injuries.
After learning that the suspect, 36-year-old Darryl Lyles was in Rock Island, Illinois, police were able to take him into custody without incident on Thursday.
Lyles has been wanted since May. He is facing charges of First Degree Murder and Armed Habitual Criminal.
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Wary Rockton residents return home for first time since Monday’s Chemtool plant fire
- Pritzker signs bill to make mail-in voting permanent in Illinois