ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 25-year-old Tyrice Morgan was arrested early Friday morning after police say they were called to a loud party, and officers found loaded weapons at the scene.
According to Rockford Police, officers were called to the 1400 block of 4th Avenue at 12:55 a.m. for a report of a loud party. According to officials, upon arrival, police recovered a gun from underneath a vehicle that was parked in the road, near the crowd.
Officers approached Morgan, who ran, and allegedly threw a loaded gun during the chase. Police say he was taken into custody after a brief struggle.
Morgan has been charged with Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon, Possession of a Controlled Substance, 4 counts of Resisting Arrest, 2 counts of Property Damage, and no Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.
- Disney adopts ‘gender inclusive’ rules, revamps park dress code for cast members
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- Minnesota officer, police chief resign days after Black driver’s death
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart