DEKALB COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say a Rockford man and a woman from Belvidere were involved in a serious crash on Tuesday, sending both to the hospital.
The DeKalb County Sheriff says Carl Steele, of Rockford, was stopped at an intersection at Pleasant Hill Road and Aldrich Road.
Another car, driven by Jacinda Martin, of Belvidere, was traveling through the intersection when Steele, apparently assuming the intersection was controlled by a four way stop, proceeded into the intersection and collided with Martin’s vehicle.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene and both drivers were taken to the hospital.
The extent of their injuries was not disclosed.
Steele was cited for Failure to Yield.
- Illinois reports 10,959 new cases of COVID-19, 192 deaths Thursday
- Second stimulus checks: McConnell says ‘compromise is within reach’
- Tiger nearly tears off volunteer’s arm at Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Carole Baskin says
- Walmart announces 4th round of cash bonuses for employees
- ‘COVID slide’: How parents can help children struggling with remote learning