ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 44-year-old Dwight Die, of Greenwood, Mississippi, was arrested by Rockford Police on Wednesday after police say he was drunk, and in possession of a handgun and a drug pipe during a traffic stop.
Police say they pulled Die over at 1 a.m. in the 800 block of North Central Avenue, and officers spotted handgun ammunition on Die’s lap.
According to police, a loaded handgun was found in the vehicle, along with a “pipe used to smoke narcotics.”
Die was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Violation of an Order of Protection, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
He was also cited for traffic violations, police said.
Die was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’