ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 44-year-old Dwight Die, of Greenwood, Mississippi, was arrested by Rockford Police on Wednesday after police say he was drunk, and in possession of a handgun and a drug pipe during a traffic stop.
Police say they pulled Die over at 1 a.m. in the 800 block of North Central Avenue, and officers spotted handgun ammunition on Die’s lap.
According to police, a loaded handgun was found in the vehicle, along with a “pipe used to smoke narcotics.”
Die was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Violation of an Order of Protection, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
He was also cited for traffic violations, police said.
Die was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’