ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have arrested Mikieon Taylor-Jones, 24, in connection with a shooting Monday night on Auburn Street.
Police say around 9:45 p.m. they were called to the scene in the 2500 block where a silver Nissan Altima and a black Volkswagen sedan had collided.
Officers reportedly found bullet holes in both of the vehicles, as well as shell casings.
Although all occupants of the cars had fled the scene prior to the arrival of police, the two occupants of the Nissan came back as officers were arriving, police said.
Officers reportedly recovered a handgun, cocaine and cash.
Taylor-Jones, the driver, was arrested and charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon, Possession of a Fraudulent ID, and several outstanding warrants.
- Mail delivery lags behind targets as election nears, internal documents show
- Rockford man, Sterling woman arrested on methamphetamine charges in Rock Falls
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- Argument over mask at Logan-Hocking middle school football game leads woman being tased
- Officers did knock before Breonna Taylor shooting, investigation finds