Rockford Police say the incident happened in the 2100 block of Oregon Avenue shortly before 10:30 a.m. Officers responded to a report of multiple shots fired and found a male victim lying outside his vehicle in the street.
Police say the victim, David Foley, 55, was taken to a local hospital where was pronounced dead.
Scott faces 7 counts of First Degree Murder and Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon.
- Winnebago County removed from COVID warning list
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores
- Plane overshoots runway in Rockford, lands on car near Auburn High School
- IDPH announces 2,264 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, 25 additional deaths on Friday
- Two Rockford men arrested following narcotics investigation