ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 35-year-old Daniel Grotheer faces charges of downloading child pornography, after he was allegedly caught as part of an operation conducted by the Illinois State Police.
According to the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office, members of the ISP were conducting an investigation into child pornography offenders on July 15th when Grotheer allegedly downloaded the material.
Police searched Grotheer’s home, in the 6100 block of Garrett Lane, on September 10th and recovered evidence.
He was charged with 3 counts of Child Pornography/Possession of a Photo of a Victim Under 13 and faces up to 7 years in prison if convicted. He is scheduled to appear in court on September 14th.
- Chicago woman dies days after beating, boyfriend shot ‘execution style’
- Michigan native Fisher views extra year before Tokyo as a boon
- Chemtool warns against potential scams targeting Rockton residents
- Jared Bell, of ‘Drake and Josh,’ pleads guilty to charges of crimes against a child
- Report: No tuna DNA found in Subway’s tuna sandwiches