ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 35-year-old Russell Story was indicted on 63 counts of Aggravated Driving Under the Influence of Drugs for allegedly causing a serious May 2019 accident.
Rockford Police reported arriving at an accident scene at the intersection of N. Main and Elmwood around 10:41 a.m. on May 15th, where a car had been ripped in half by the force of the collision.
Police said two adults and a minor were taken to the hospital, the minor having been ejected from the vehicle in the crash.
Reports said the child suffered from serious injuries, including a collapsed lung.
A Winnebago County Grand Jury handed down the 63 count indictment against Story on Wednesday, December 18th.
Police accused Story of blowing through a traffic light at a high rate of speed within a 45 mph zone.
Toxicology results later revealed Story had hydrocodone and high levels of cannabis in his system, according to police.
Story faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted.
He’s due to appear in court on Thursday, December 19th.
- One man dead, one in critical condition after overnight crash in Beloit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions