ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man has been convicted of defacing the Winnebago County Republican Headquarters with the words “rape” and “shame.”
Timothy Damm, 43, was found guilty of Criminal Defacement of Property at a jury trial on Wednesday.
In September 2018, Damm allegedly used spray paint to vandalize the GOP headquarters with the words “rape” and “shame.”
The apparent political statement came in the wake of the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Damm faces up to 3 years in prison. He is scheduled to be sentenced on January 9th.
- Temperatures take a little dip heading into the weekend
- Winnebago County Sheriff welcomes first-ever female Deputy Chief
- Machesney Park flag ceremony honors family of US Army pilot killed in Black Hawk crash
- Oregon students return to class after 2 week shutdown
- Beloit College pushes back start date for Spring semester