ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 45-year-old Brenton Wells pleaded guilty to pointing a laser pointer at an aircraft over the Chicago-Rockford International Airport, potentially blinding the pilots.
Wells faced a judge in federal court for standing in his backyard and aiming the beam at an aircraft flying over his house on December 6th, 2018.
Wells admitted to continue to aim the pointer at an aircraft even after it had moved past his house.
He faces up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on December 10th, 2019.
- Transgender group’s birth certificate suit advances in Ohio
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- PHOTOS: Border Wall in San Diego
- Despite border wall, families in two countries unite in Friendship Park
- Lawyer champions migrant rights in a divided America