ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 45-year-old Brenton Wells pleaded guilty to pointing a laser pointer at an aircraft over the Chicago-Rockford International Airport, potentially blinding the pilots.
Wells faced a judge in federal court for standing in his backyard and aiming the beam at an aircraft flying over his house on December 6th, 2018.
Wells admitted to continue to aim the pointer at an aircraft even after it had moved past his house.
He faces up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on December 10th, 2019.
- FBI investigating alleged assault of female service member by group of male Afghan refugees at Fort Bliss
- Belvidere North survives scare at Hononegah, NIC-10 win streak still alive
- A pill to treat COVID-19 could be coming soon
- Pritzker signs new voting maps drawn up by Democrat majority
- CDC: Studies show masks lessen school outbreaks