ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man is in critical condition after he was stabbed by 19-year-old Ania Whitman-Herron on Tuesday, police said.
According to Rockford Police, officers were dispatched to the 4700 block of Trevor Circle at 10 p.m. Tuesday and found a 22-year-old victim.
Police say the victim had been in an argument with Whitman-Herron when she stabbed him in the right shoulder area.
He was taken to the hospital and is said to be in critical condition.
Whitman-Herron was charged with Aggravated Battery with a Knife, and Aggravated Domestic Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm.
She was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Boone County Sheriff’s Department says farewell to fallen K9 Loki