ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 32-year-old Nicholas Falls has been charged with attempted first degree murder.
On October 7, around 8:30 a.m. Rockford Police responded to a shooting in the 400 block of Avon Street.
Police said that Falls, driving a white SUV, pulled up next to the 63-year-old victim’s car and began firing.
According to the criminal complaint, the victim quickly sprawled across his passenger seat to avoid getting hit by the five rounds fired into the car.
The victim was shot in the arm and was transported to a local hospital.
Falls is charged with Attempted Murder, Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm and Intimidation.
Falls plead not guilty in court on November 14th and his status hearing will be November 26th at 11 a.m.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher