ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 32-year-old Nicholas Falls has been charged with attempted first degree murder.
On October 7, around 8:30 a.m. Rockford Police responded to a shooting in the 400 block of Avon Street.
Police said that Falls, driving a white SUV, pulled up next to the 63-year-old victim’s car and began firing.
According to the criminal complaint, the victim quickly sprawled across his passenger seat to avoid getting hit by the five rounds fired into the car.
The victim was shot in the arm and was transported to a local hospital.
Falls is charged with Attempted Murder, Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm and Intimidation.
Falls plead not guilty in court on November 14th and his status hearing will be November 26th at 11 a.m.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor