ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 41-year-old Douglas Valentine has been found guilty of Criminal Sexual Assault and Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a 15-year-old girl.
Valentine, who lives in Rockford, was convicted of the crime by a Boone County jury on Thursday.
In October of 2018, the victim reported that she had several sexual encounters with Valentine between June and August 2018, beginning when she was 14 years old. Two of the incidents occurred in Boone County, according to the Boone County State’s Attorney.
Valentine faces up to 15 years in prison, followed by a mandatory supervised release, and will be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
He is set to appear in court on October 23rd for a sentencing hearing.
- Hononegah, Auburn Boys finish top-five at Regionals
- Guilford’s Gasmund comes from behind, captures Regional victory
- Residents react to massive fire at abandoned factory in Rockford
- Rockford mayor says bars and restaurants will be given 50% rebate of liquor license fees
- Local expert shares how to keep kids safe from predators online