ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Winnebago County Grand Jury has indicted 32-year-old Demarcus Stokes on charges of child abduction and domestic battery.
According to the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office, Stokes was arrested after Rockford Police officers were called to a home in the 4600 block of Turner Street on September 18th, where a child abduction was reported.
Stokes was charged with Child Abduction, Criminal Trespass to a Residence, Battery and Domestic Battery.
If convicted, he faces a sentence of up to 6 years in prison and a 1 year mandatory supervised release.
Stokes is due to appear in court on November 12th.
- LIVE: Lightfoot announces ‘business curfew’ in Chicago as COVID-19 cases rise
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge