ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Winnebago County Grand Jury has indicted 32-year-old Demarcus Stokes on charges of child abduction and domestic battery.
According to the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office, Stokes was arrested after Rockford Police officers were called to a home in the 4600 block of Turner Street on September 18th, where a child abduction was reported.
Stokes was charged with Child Abduction, Criminal Trespass to a Residence, Battery and Domestic Battery.
If convicted, he faces a sentence of up to 6 years in prison and a 1 year mandatory supervised release.
Stokes is due to appear in court on November 12th.
- Hononegah and Boylan ready to crank it up for another NIC-10 showdown
- Family of 3 men killed in Starved Rock explosion suing
- Rockford non-profit holds fundraiser for kids too old for Make-A-Wish
- Local environmentalists fight to save prairie at Chicago Rockford International Airport
- Drought conditions worsen across northern Illinois