ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Juan Moreno-Jimenez has been indicted by a Winnebago County Grand Jury for allegedly raping a woman in Rockford last month.
On August 8th, Rockford Police say they were called to a residence in the area of 14th Street for a reported sexual assault. There, they met with a victim who had to be taken to a Rockford hospital for treatment of her injuries.
Moreno-Jimenez was arrested for the crime and charged with Criminal Sexual Assault.
He is currently in custody in the Winnebago County Jail on a $350,000 bond. He is scheduled to be arraigned on September 19th.
Moreno-Jimenez faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of the crime.
- Costco to ban non-members from food court
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs
- Rockford man charged with string of recent retail thefts