ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Juan Moreno-Jimenez has been indicted by a Winnebago County Grand Jury for allegedly raping a woman in Rockford last month.
On August 8th, Rockford Police say they were called to a residence in the area of 14th Street for a reported sexual assault. There, they met with a victim who had to be taken to a Rockford hospital for treatment of her injuries.
Moreno-Jimenez was arrested for the crime and charged with Criminal Sexual Assault.
He is currently in custody in the Winnebago County Jail on a $350,000 bond. He is scheduled to be arraigned on September 19th.
Moreno-Jimenez faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of the crime.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80