ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Juan Moreno-Jimenez has been indicted by a Winnebago County Grand Jury for allegedly raping a woman in Rockford last month.
On August 8th, Rockford Police say they were called to a residence in the area of 14th Street for a reported sexual assault. There, they met with a victim who had to be taken to a Rockford hospital for treatment of her injuries.
Moreno-Jimenez was arrested for the crime and charged with Criminal Sexual Assault.
He is currently in custody in the Winnebago County Jail on a $350,000 bond. He is scheduled to be arraigned on September 19th.
Moreno-Jimenez faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of the crime.
- Bears promote Desai to defensive coordinator
- Winning numbers drawn Friday night for $1B Mega Millions prize
- Rockford Police investigate after one person is shot Friday night
- My Take: Championship Sunday picks & enamored with Hammerin’ Hank
- NFC Championship preview: Rodgers vs. Brady will steal the show