ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 23-year-old Miguel Tejada, Jr. of Davis Junction as the man killed after driving into the back of a semi trailer on 11th Street early Wednesday morning.
According to police, shortly before 2:30 a.m., officers responded to the 3900 block of 11th Street, where they discovered Tejada had been northbound and crashed into the back of the semi, which was also traveling north.
Tejada was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy lists the cause of death as blunt trauma of the head due to motor vehicle crash.
The 57-year-old semi driver wasn’t hurt. He stayed on the scene.
The accident is under investigation. Toxicology tests are expected in three weeks.
- Report: Trump to choose Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Supreme Court
- Machesney Park school switches to remote learning after increase in COVID-19 cases
- Police investigating shooting on Webster Avenue in Rockford
- Trump pledges $500B to black communities; designates KKK, Antifa as ‘terrorist organizations’
- Breonna Taylor’s family want release of grand jury transcripts; Louisville mayor calls for peaceful protests